Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Japanese Plum Sauce and Plum Berry Jam


My Red Japanese Plum Tree is simply amazing. 

This year it has produced:
10 quarts of picked plums for us, friends, and family to eat 
(probably more considering all of the "drive by" picking we all do)
9 jars of Plum Berry Jam
42 jars of Plum Sauce/ Syrup


First of all, obviously, the plums are delicious. They are such a treat for the whole family! 
Second, jam. That is all. Yum.
Third, Plum Sauce/ Syrup. This stuff is delightful. The baby and I had it on our yogurt this morning. I also think it would be amazing on French Toast or Crepes. We also use it on toast as kind of a thinner jam. There really isn't a "bad" way to use Plum Sauce.

I also have a Golden Japanese Plum tree. I'm excited to see what it brings this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment