Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Million Little Things

I didn't have very much to do in the garden this week, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a super busy week! We are always doing things. If it's not sunny out (it wasn't) then I try to get inside chores caught up. On this week's agenda was lots of cleaning, baking, sewing, building, and painting. 

We had one sunny afternoon, so my little guy and I decided to paint some rocks for garden markers. I had been gathering them on my runs all week!


I also baked a couple of loaves of bread for the week and made some scratch/no MSG/no preservatives/all natural sausage biscuits to freeze for mornings when we all oversleep and a fresh breakfast isn't an option.



My lovely friend showed me how to do elastic (I have no idea why I was so scared of it!) and let me borrow her pattern so I could sew up some new diapers for my growing babe. I had scraps of organic hemp, organic cotton flannel, organic cotton fleece, and I bought a few fun prints and terry on sale for my new stash. 


We also started on our new woodshed since we are out of wood for the year. Luckily it's a warm spring and I don't think we will need anymore. My daddy came over to help out. I love that my hubby gets along with my family (and I with his!)


And just for fun, I chopped off all of my hair! I've never had my hair this short before, but I am loving it!


And that brings me back around! What do you do when there's nothing to do [in the garden]? 

No comments:

Post a Comment