Friday, March 22, 2013

Help your neighbor's garden grow!

Yesterday I was so excited to get to dig in the dirt with my neighbor! The truth is, my garden wouldn't be where it is without her, so when she needed some company digging up rows, I was glad to repay the favor, at least a little bit. It went so fast and we were done in no time.

Our kids got to play out in the sun and the dirt together, which only added fuel to their little reservoirs. In the northwest, you have to soak up every second of sunshine!

Our communities are only as good as what we put in to them, just like our soil. My little garden is so much better from my friends, near and far, giving me gentle and helpful advice and support. Yesterday, was actually kind of a sad day for me personally, but helping a friend, chatting, and watching my babies run around playing made it all so much better.

I know this sounds like a jumble, but I guess I'm just trying to say, we aren't perfect. We can't do everything by ourselves. And honestly, even if we CAN sludge through it, isn't it just more fun to do it with a community? To empower each other?

2 comments:

  1. hell ya lady! ty for splitting seed cost with me this year. tomorrow i swear those carrots will be planted

    ReplyDelete