Monday, March 18, 2013

Our New Garden Friends

I've always loved bunnies. Who doesn't?? But with three boys, an English Bulldog, and the world's most fantastic husband, I never got around to getting bunnies. Until our neighbor did. That is when I noticed that although I've always thought bunnies were awesome, my seven year old autistic son (who is very high functioning) LOVED bunnies. What's more, they seem to LOVE him too! It was all the inspiration I needed. I talked myself into it easily. I researched a bit, found some cute little 4H girls, and BAM! Bunnies. My husband needed a bit more convincing, but he knows that once I decide that something is a good idea, unless he has some pretty solid evidence to the contrary...well, let's just say I'm stubborn. Nicely, stubborn! But, yeah, there it is. All that was left for my husband to build was the Bunny Hutch Mansion, and we were good to go. We decided to put the bunnies in the garden for a few reasons. 

1) It's close to the compost area and bunny poo is supposed to be great for the garden!

2) It will give that adorable English Bulldog some distance so they don't feel accosted all the time.

3) I had the perfect spot picked out for them, that will be easy to put a bunny run in. 

Meet: Coffee Bean and Creamsicle, Holland Lops. 







3 comments: